Those that follow a traditional faith-path will no doubt go to their own place of worship to have their off-spring blessed, named and welcomed into the world.
There are many people who have a deep spirituality but feel they don’t fit into any particular box; rather like me before I trained to become a OneSpirit Interfaith minister/celebrant.
My training enables me to respect people of all faiths or none, holding the view that there are many paths to one truth. Together, with the family I create and carry out creative and loving ceremonies that celebrate the many milestones of life.
A ceremony creates a heart and a focus to any gathering especially when witnessed by family and friends, becoming an important milestone in the lives of all those present.
Here are just a few ideas:
• Combining a blessing on your relationship with having your child/children officially named, blessed and welcomed into your family
• Such a ceremony can take place almost anywhere, choose an unusual venue
• Within a mixed race relationship; rituals, customs , readings and music from both faiths can be interwoven
• If you have complicated family issues, together, we can usually find a way around problems
• Create rituals that tell your family story
• Make promises that you know you can keep
• If you love the great outdoors, combine a naming ceremony within a country walk and picnic
• Remember those unable to be present for whatever reason by lighting a candle in their honour.
We are all unique beings, let us together, create a ceremony that honours your uniqueness as a family – Contact me – I’m always up for a challenge!!
01403 273754 – firstname.lastname@example.org